Solid, well-considered and compelling business strategies are vital to secure investment for innovative life science ventures.
If you are a University-based research group that wishes to consider setting up a spin-out company to exploit an innovation – or an early-phase BioTech company with early-stage assets who requires funding to progress development – Atebion BDS can provide an independent pre-money Company Valuation and liaise with potential investors as required.
Similarly, we can assist Investment Groups evaluations by providing commercial assessments of potential companies and their portfolios. Our valuations range from top-line commercial value estimates to a detailed service which includes analyses of the technology vs unmet need, the competition (on-market and in development) and IP strategy, plus advice and guidance on development pathways, investment funding strategy, management structure and commercialisation strategies.
Company Valuations take many factors into account, including:
- Major development events
- The strength of a Management Team
- Track record of securing investments or grants
- Strength of IP
- Probability of Success of development candidates vs Industry standard attrition rates (by therapy area)
- The competitive nature of the development pipeline in the chosen field
- The deal making nature of the relevant market – and associated deal values
- Future market dynamics
- Comparative companies success in Investment Rounds
Atebion BDS offers investment advice & guidance to Venture Capital groups, providing dedicated consultancy by project or via longer-term support. We provide investment round coordination and/or leadership.
Typical Valuations include:
- Early-stage BioTech Companies with assets from discovery to preclinical stage
- University spin-out-ready companies with innovative drug discovery platform technologies